Composting (all about)
Contact Us Form
Garden Wiki Link
Insects & "Plant Issues"
Make a Donation
Misc. Useful Info.
Questions & Answers
Recycle & Reuse
Seeds & Soil
Videos & Photos
What to Grow & When
If you'd like to share your garden recipes with us, send us an email. We're just getting started, so check back for updates.
Pronto Pumpkin Soup
submitted 11/6/2011 by Rick Smith
- (1) 15 oz. can Libby's®100% Pure Pumpkin or equivalent
- 2 C. all-natural vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. McCormick® or Badia® pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 C. low fat sour cream
- 1/3 C. shredded or small chunk of reduced fat cheddar cheese (optional)
- Wisk together the pumpkin, vegetable broth, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, ginger, garlic powder, and sea salt in a
medium saucepan. Plce over high/medium heat until mixture comes to a bowl, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and vigorously whisk in sour cream until blended. Place soup in individual serving bowls and
top with cheddar cheese. Serve immediately. 2 servings. 180 calories.
- Note: Serve in a small baked and hollowed out pumpkin with roasted pumpkin seeds on the side for extra fun!
Original Recipe Source: http://mealmakeovermoms.com
Please visit our